Originally built in 1878 in Clayton Township on Corunna Road, the Township Hall was a gift from the people of Clayton Township and was moved to Crossroads Village in 1976.
Clayton Township was originally called Miller's Settlement, after the first settler, Adam Miller, who arrived from New York.
When Michigan was forming towns and townships, local residents submitted possible names. Since no name was sent in for this area, someone in the state post office chose the name Clayton, and it stuck.
Township halls, such as this one, were used for elections, dances, and for meetings of government and social groups.
Here in Crossroads Village it is used as a children's wooden toy store.